Cyber Threats & Cyber Crime – Reason Behind Our Existence
Cybercrime, also called computer crime, is the use of a computer as an instrument to further illegal ends, such as committing fraud, trafficking in child pornography and intellectual property, stealing identities, or violating privacy.
As per National Crime Record Bureau of India (NCRB, India) data, the cybercrime cases have increased from 27,248 in 2018 to 50,035 in 2020. And these are reported incidents. There are thousands of cybercrime incidents that are unreported. According to internet security statistics, every 32 seconds, a hacker attacks someone online.
These are some worrying cybercrime figures which show that the danger is too big & our safety on the internet is exposed.
- $6 Trillion – The damage that cybercrime caused in 2022.
- 33 Billion accounts will be breached in 2023.
- 59% of Americans report they have experienced cybercrime or in some way fallen into the hands of a computer hacker.
- Crimeware & cybercrime-as-a-service are itself $1.6 billion markets.
The Internet is full of threats. Credit card number theft has become a well-recognized danger. The most common forms of computer crime reported to Inter-GOV include child pornography, fraud, and e-mail abuse. Even more disturbing are new forms of cyber-terrorism made possible by the large amount of the physical machinery now operated by computers.
DEFPR – Our Approach to Solution
DEFPR is an online portal dedicated to cyber awareness & cyber safety services for individuals. [Our mother company EXIN holds years of experience in cyber security services and helped a huge number of cybercrime victims from the most complex situations.]
We develop cyber safety products & services for individuals.
We are backed by a dedicated team of cyber security researchers, network security engineers, cyber forensics experts & software developers.
Some of our services are –
- DEFPR Connect – Our Cyber Awareness Center
- Individual Cyber Helpline & Consultation (911 of the Internet)
- DEFPR Protect – Our Antivirus [Under Development]
- DEFPR Tools – Cyber Safety Tools for Individuals [Under Development]
- Legal Support for Cyber Crime Incidents [Under Development]
- Cyber Insurance [Under Development]
From cyber predators to social media posts, from credit card fraud to cyberbullying, online hazards can have severe, costly, even tragic, consequences. The danger available over the internet is so big that it can’t be neutralized with technical improvements only, especially for the common internet users. People are not comfortable shaking hands with rapidly upgrading internet & communication technologies.
The core philosophy behind DEFPR is to provide individuals surety of complete digital safety.